Between the two of us, we have been lucky enough to sail in quite a few places:
- The North Channel – the north part of Georgian Bay, Lake Huron. This is our favourite place to cruise and is considered to be the best Freshwater cruising in the world!
- The British Virgin Islands (and a tiny part of the US Virgin Islands) – need we say more?
- The Gulf Islands of British Columbia – Carleen’s first crusing experience on a Catalina 27 was fantastic! Thanks Robert and Pauline!
- The Whitsundays – Jim had a short cruise off the coast Queensland in Australia to the Great Barrier Reef. Lucky guy.
- The Florida Panhandle – Regattas in Pensacola Beach and Fort Walton Beach leave us pining for more
- The Toronto Multihull Club – Lake Ontario hub for multi sailors. Laid back and friendly
- Put-in-Bay, Ohio – This place is crazy but super fun! It’s on an island called South Bass Island in Lake Erie not far from Sandusky.
- The Southern Gulf Shore, Florida – We trailered “Raise a Little Hull” to south-west Florida for a Christmas cruise one year. Fabulous to sail with dolphins everyday and drop anchor in 2′ in the mangroves at night.
- Key West, Florida – got to do a couple of day sails out to a reef and a sunset cruise. Must go back sometime soon.
- Pelee Island, Lake Erie – this very quiet island is the antithesis to Put-in-Bay! It is the southern-most part of Canada
- Lake Huron – various races and adventures: Jim on catamarans with the boys, in 2016 we raced our first Bayview Mac Race (Port Huron, Michigan to Mackinac Island, Michigan north up Lake Huron – we were 10th on our class on our buddy Brian’s CS 36!) and other sailing adventures
- Lake Ontario: for example – from Hamilton to Kingston – we help our buddy Paul and his wife Aina deliver our other friend Don’s Catalina 38. Sadly, it was mostly motoring; also several occasions sailing and racing in the 1000 islands and Prince Edward County…lovely and full of history.
- Lake Simcoe – on Distant Shores
- Hudson River & Erie Canal, then Lake Ontario Crossing on Don’s Catalina 38
- Annapolis, Maryland – again only an evening sail but a lovely place to visit
- Y-Flyer Regattas in: Fergus, Waterloo, Sudbury, Ottawa, Gatineau, Toronto, Lac Lachigan in the Laurentians, PQ, Lake Norman, NC, Lake Lashaway, Massachusetts, Lake Lemon, Indiana, and more we’ve forgotten to add.
Note: most of the pictures below are from the North Channel, Put-in-Bay, The Mackinac Race and the BVI with a couple from Florida